Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_3_] Rick Hughes[_3_] is offline

Default Cheap Cardboard shredder

"Matty F" wrote in message
On Aug 3, 11:51 am, geoff wrote:

Our Local council is making noises in the cardboard collection direction

Phone yours up and ask

My Council is happy to deliver several recycling bins if needed.
Into these we can put a mixture of cardboard, paper, tins, glass and
plastic bottles. Clearly they are able to sort out everything
automatically. So the technogy is clearly now available, in first
world countries!

Technology costs .... and the price for recycled cardboard prevents most
people investing in the sorting Technology ....... I have a friend who owns
a waste paper company, he only takes the cardboard as a sweetener to get the
paper ...
His resale cost of the cardboard does not even break even on collection
cost.

I did some work with a logistics company, they invested in a machine that
turns waste corrugated cardboard into packing material ... and very
effective it is.
Gets rid of most of the cardboard waste and also saves them on buying
'polystyrene peanuts' for packing.

The product comes out like an expanded mat ... here is a pic of typical
machine:

http://www.elmstok.co.uk/cardshredder.html#pace