Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default septic drain-field caps

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:56:54 -0400, Tony wrote:
I've seen them with the PVC sticking out the top back up in PA. I know
I'd cut them down, maybe just to surface level, maybe lower. No need to
look so ugly for 30 or so years when they finally may be needed. If
going below the surface, rebar is a good idea to mark them.

Yeah, I wouldn't deliberately put them sub-surface, but I think Harry's
right and they have a chance to end up covered by dirt and weeds over the
sort of timescale that might pass between access, so some way of finding
them again seems wise. I'll probably take a few measurements relative to
some fixed marker (corner of the house, say) and note them down on the
rough plan that I have, too.

cheers

Jules