Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default septic drain-field caps

Jules Richardson wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:10:44 -0700, harry wrote:
They might be hard to find in a few years time when overgrown.

Hmm, good thinking. Maybe I could sink some rebar next to them (so the
ends are a couple of inches below ground), so I could find them with a
metal detector later if needed. I've got a layout diagram (which came
from the company who installed the system in 2007) but I doubt it's inch-
perfect.

Ten caps sticking up in the front yard just looks ugly, never mind the
mowing factor. Three wouldn't be so bad :-)

I've seen them with the PVC sticking out the top back up in PA. I know
I'd cut them down, maybe just to surface level, maybe lower. No need to
look so ugly for 30 or so years when they finally may be needed. If
going below the surface, rebar is a good idea to mark them.