Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default septic drain-field caps

On Jul 26, 5:48*pm, Jules Richardson
wrote:
Having never owned a septic system prior to our current house... is there
any reason not to recess the drain-field caps so that the tops are level
with the surrounding ground?

The three tank-caps I can always disguise amongst a flower bed or
something so they're still easily accessible for pumping; having to mow
around the seven drain-field caps every week or two too is a pain in the
butt though. I noticed that the neighbours have them trimmed to be flush
with the ground; any reason not to do the same (other than a little
digging needed with a trowel if I do ever need to look at the drain-
field)?

cheers

Jules

They might be hard to find in a few years time when overgrown.