Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default New fascia - cost?

On 23 Jul,
"Phil L" wrote:

Approx £400 for materials, plus:

Without scaffolding, 2 men could do this in 3 days @ say £125 per day

You'd be lucky to get change out of £1200

I've been quoted about that for mine.

However, I've just started on mine, so far £300+ on materials. £200 on
tools/access (A good excuse for extra tools).

However (again) I've now found out why I should have completed roof repairs
about 10 years ago. After removing the first bit of verge has revealed rotten
rafter below. so another 100 (so far) for extra felt and dryridge, and a
summer spent on the roof removing and replacing tiles and assorted underneath
with correctly done detailing.

The original problem was incorrect positioning (and skimping of) underfelt.
This led to water draining into the the timbers below. The front I replaced
the barge boards and sorted the leak 25 years ago. The back I started 12
years ago and did one half properly, planning to continue the next year. This
is teh quadrant I've started on now. I'm braced for more shocks when I remove
the tiles.
I've taken photos, may put them up on completion. A telephoto camera is a
useful inspection tool!

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply