Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default How to cut preformed countertops???

On Jul 22, 3:31*pm, Tim wrote:
I purchased some preformed countertops from Home Depot and would like
to know the best way to cut them without chipping, They are too long
to put on the table saw. I need to cut the backsplash and the top.

Thanks,

Tim

It's not clear from your post whether the backsplash and top are one
piece or you bought a loose backsplash. Here's some good info:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=609462

There are a lot of places you could go wrong, and you'd then be
fussing with chips and belt sanders. Cutting to length when the cut
end is up against a wall, and the cut will be covered by the
backsplash is easier. Cutting meeting 45s to fit in a corner is a lot
tougher, particularly if the splash/top is one piece. The easiest
thing to do if you need meeting 45s is to bring the top to a
countertop shop that has a beam/travel saw.