Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default expanding foam

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 23:37:30 +0100, "Rick Hughes"
wrote:

You are supposed to be able to remove the can from gun ... so you can attach
a can of cleaning fluid. ...
trouble is they often don't re-seal once you have started using them

Hi, I just took the can off to see and despite the trigger being
locked shut by the knob on the end, foam still leaked out, so as you
both say in theory the cans should come off and seal, but in practice,
it looks like they don't.

I noticed the date on the bottom of the can for the first time too. It
says best before June. Oh well, there's only a drop left. What happens
past the expiry date? Does it not expand so controllably? I see
reviews on the screwfix web site complain about short-dated fire foam.
Is that more critical? Does it lose its fire resistant properties
after that date?

TIA