Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default expanding foam

Hi,

I sometimes use expanding foam. Are all types of foam the same? I see
that toolstation sell a fast curing foam for use as an adhesive for
plasterboard and celotex and the like:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Adhe.../sd2857/p60449

Is it worth getting or is it not much different to the "normal" foam?

I remember once using low expansion foam but I still got it everywhere
It didn't seem any less expansive than the "normal" type! But no
canoes were hurt in the process

I tool the advice on this group to buy a proper foam gun. It really is
worthwhile for occasional DIY use where otherwise you would waste half
the tin. It was the everbuild model, also from TS, and I have been
very happy with it.

I see there is also fire retardant foam. If you use fast cure foam,
normal foam, and fire foam, do you need three applicator guns? If I
wanted to unscrew my usual foam to use a tin of the fast cure type,
would foam gush everywhere or could I mix and match canisters all day?
I suppose that the neck of each canister would also need a good clean
to prevent that foaming shut?

Thanks.