Posted to alt.home.repair
James H. James H. is offline

Default Craftsman push lawnmower wobble after hitting rocks won't start

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 11:28:35 -0500, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

When you hit the object you probably broke the shear pin but didn't
move the flywheel far enough, at first, to keep the engine from running.
However, it ran poorly because the timing was off. After a little time
unbalanced the flywheel moved further out of place preventing it from
running at all.

Now that makes sense! I remember now, that there was a lot of oil and smoke
too. I'll bet you're 100% right so I'll take it apart from the top and look
for that flywheel pin and report back to the team!