Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Craftsman push lawnmower wobble after hitting rocks won't start

On Jul 4, 11:31*pm, "James H." wrote:
What is the typical thing to look for that broke when my lawnmower hit a
stationary object?

I've hit much tougher sets of rocks than the little things that all of a
sudden caused my Craftsman 18 inch push mower to wobble (I think) and run
badly and now it won't start.

snip

When you get your replacement mower, set the blade at 4" - 5" and get
comfortable with the idea that longer grass really looks better and
healthier. And every spring rake up all the rocks that popped up over
winter before you start mowing. That way you can save a lot of $$ and
time.
If you really like a lawn that shows white roots, see if a local goat
farmer will rent you one of his close grazers on occasion.

Joe