Posted to uk.d-i-y
Duncan Di Saudelli Duncan Di Saudelli is offline

Default Wasp's nest in/under window sill - how to remove

Hello

Whilst watching the MExicans run rings round the French, I could hear a
"munching" sound from the window. Close inspection identified quite a few
smallish wasps coming and going so I went outside and identified a structure
about the size of a matchbox being assembled underneath the outside window,
underneath (or possibly starting to become inside) the window sill.

I could pay 40 quid-odd for someone to come and kill them but I would prefer
to use a cheaper/humane method i.e. can I scrape this fledgling wasp's nest
into a bag and take it waway, or can I do something to make them leave short
of trying to smoke them/burn them oout (don't want to damage the woodwork of
course)?

The sound inside the house is quite loud so I am afraid they might eat their
way underneath the sill and end up forming an internal nest around the
aluminium double glazing unit, inside the profile or soem such void.

Thanks for pointers/experience/stories/advice

DDS