Posted to alt.home.repair
Hell Toupee[_4_] Hell Toupee[_4_] is offline

Default Sevin powder applicator ideas

On 6/15/2010 12:01 PM, ransley wrote:
On Jun 15, 11:57 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Rochester, NY area has some new breed of wasps. Gentle readers may
remember that I was looking for spray, last fall, for the wasps which
burrow into the sides of my church building.

Several different type of wasp spray aparently had no effect.
Including carb cleaner spray.

Sevin powder seemed to work last year. The question is how to puff the
powder into the little wasp entrance hole. Without the repair guy
getting to breathe the powder. So, how does one apply powdered bug
dust?

I have to ask the obvious question: if you're having such a hard time
applying the Sevin in dust form, why aren't you using the liquid form
of Sevin in its place? It's safer for the applicator - inhaling
pesticide dust is no joke.

If you *must* use the dust form of Sevin, then for pity's sake break
down and buy a proper duster. Here's an online source for several
models. A good local farm/garden supply store should also be able to
help you.

http://www.pestsupplycenter.com/equi...s/dusters.html