Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Magna Booster - Do I need One??

On Mon, 31 May 2010 20:44:50 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

swiggers wrote:
Hi

My mum has had a recommendation from a British Gas engineer to fit a
Magna Booster to her central heating - which apparently removes lime
scale from your central heating system and 'stops it from blocking up'.
The charge for this is £250 parts and labour. She lives in SW London -
the water is quite hard.

Is this Magna booster a good idea - or a useless gimmick? My mum has a
Potterton conventional gas bolier fitted about four years ago and is on
a service contract with BG.

Useless gimmick at a rip off price. Get rid of the BG service contract,
they have a nasty habit of claiming the boiler needs replacing because
spares are unavailable - when they are.

Aftre my previous followup - they rendered our old boiler unserviceable
and were surprised when I got the new one from soemone else.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org