Posted to alt.home.repair
Existential Angst Existential Angst is offline

Default 440 volt three phase question

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've had the moment to work on 440 volt roof top heating and AC.

Once in a while, need some power to run a 120 volt device. Is it 120
volts from one leg to ground?

(Yeah, I could just check it. But I was on the roof yesterday, and not
sure how long until I get to another roof.)

No offense, Stormin, but the fact that you even have to ask such a Q means
you have no effing clue about electricity, and thus you proly should not be
fooling around with stuff that runs on electricity.

Proly missionary work is more your aptitude....

--
EA

--
Christopher A. Young