Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Generator exhaust through a wall?

Hi,
having tidied my garage I felt it time to sort out the exhaust from the
generator, up until now it has been on a length of 2" dia steel gas pipe
pointing out through a window!

I'm having some pipe made up to feed through a wall and mounting the
silencer on the outside. All good so far, I hope, but I'm not sure how
to seal the hole in the wall. I would rather not leave a gap around it
as there is a possibility of rain running down the outside of the pipe
and into the wall and garage but what do I seal it with and is it a good
move to do so?

The wall is rendered soft concrete block.

Another question, does anyone have experience of high temperature
paints? I believe that there is paint that will withstand high
temperatures and is used to paint exhausts. Yes I will go and Google in
a minute but 1st hand experienced comments are always welcomed. The
idea being that although it is impossible to make an exhaust look
pretty, maybe possible to make it look less ugly.

All comments gratefully received, thanks.
--
Bill