Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Need help repiring rust hole in Weber grill dome

On May 16, 11:07*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
Ron wrote:

-snip-

I didn't write that. Quite the opposite in fact. Although there is at
least one idiot in here that thinks that if a *Weber* grill has a
1/2" hole in the lid "it's done".

I don't know if I'm the idiot, you're referring to-- but let me
clarify *my* opinion. * * If a 1/2 in hole bothers the OP-- he can
spend several hours repairing to get maybe one more season out of his
grill.

Not talking about you!

The OP hasn't given the age of the grill, so what makes you think he
can "get maybe one more season" out of it? And as another poster
suggested, it might be under warranty.

He has already been given a VERY easy solution to repairing the hole.
A washer, bolt and nut. Quite frankly, I'm surprised that Weber would
make a grill that would rust out. My grill that I bought from Sears is
made from cast aluminum.

Or he can buy a new one for under $100. *[or a lightly used one on
craigslist for 1/2 of that]

A Weber????