Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Replacing a built-in double electric oven

"DavidA" wrote in message
Hi

I am planning to replace an old built-in double electric oven with a
similarly sized new one. I have some questions regarding wiring and
ventilation.

The new oven is specified as having a total connected load of 5.7KW.

Firstly, the existing oven has its own circuit (supplied by a 20B
MCB). The cable from the consumer unit emerges from the kitchen wall
and is connected directly to the oven. I presume that there should be
an intermediary junction box near the oven. Does Part P require me to
get an electrician to do this work?

What do the instuctions for the new oven say you need for a power supply?

If it requires a 20A supply then you can swap it yourself.

Cheers

Adam