Posted to sci.electronics.repair
easily_confused easily_confused is offline

Default TA1222BN DataSheet Needed for Toshiba CN36Z71 Repair

I looked all over and can't find this datasheet.

The AV board is supplying signal and sync, but the sync coming out is
"independent". So, video is out of sync.

The text menus are sync'd just fine.

I blew something out when a metal tape measure drooped across the open set
at the picture tube.

It may have shorted something at the deflection coils, or the CRT drive
board.

Anyway, it's like the TA1222BN chip does not see the input signal and is
switching to the internally generated sync (just guessing).
The out of sync video is dim, so maybe the amplitude from the AV board is
too low?

I was fixing an intermittent (worked when warm) no-video issue when I did
this stupid thing.

I know -- scrap it and buy a plasma. But I love this monster.

Bruce