Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay-T[_7_] Jay-T[_7_] is offline

Default Cooper Lighting Motion Sensor Outdoor Light, Turning Light On

You're welcome.

The pdf manual does ay on page 6 that the warranty is through Cooper
Lighting and the manual has a Cooper Lighting copyright. So I assume that
the Regent light is sold by Cooper Lighting. With the same model number
etc., I think it must be the same one.

If it is a motion sensor light, I think that it must have a "test" and timer
slide switch somewhere. I think that sometimes they are hard to find or
see, but it should be there. The instructions for the 5-second power off
say that it needs to be set to the "test" mode first, so you'll probably
need to find that switch for the 5-second process to work.

wrote:
Hi Jay,

That PDF file I downloaded via the cooperlighting site is for a
Regent, not "Cooper Lighting". Perhaps "Regent" is the brand made by
"Cooper Lighting".

Even though the model number is the same, there is a difference on
the bottom of the sensor. My relative's doesn't have the slide
switch. I am sure I wrote down the correct model number, because I
double checked.

I will have my relative try the procedure after it is dark, turn
off for 5 seconds, then turn it back on.

If that works, I will post an update.

Thanks to you and the others, John

On Thu, 13 May 2010 15:39:09 -0400, in alt.home.repair you wrote:

I just did a Google search for "MS80W" and here's the link to the
manual:

http://www.cooperlighting.com/specfi...S_325-1276.pdf

To do what you want, set the switch to "Test", then turn the power
off for 5 seconds and then back on. That should set it to work like
a regular flood light that will just turn on or off with the switch
day or night.

Hopefully you'll check back here to see the answer since I generally
don't do email replies to Usenet posts.

Good luck.

wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to help a relative who lost the owner's manual for
her Cooper Lighting model MS80W outdoor motion sensor
flood light. She no longer wants the motion sensor feature, but
wants to be able to turn it on and off like a regular light.

Note: She has a power switch in the house for that light.

Unfortunately a visit to Cooper's web site and a Google search
did not result in a source for the owner's manual or the information
we want.

It seems logical that there must be a way to turn the light on
when you want it to stay on without taking the sensor apart and
bypassing that circuit.

Do you know a way I can convert that into a regular on/off light
by way of the power switch?

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address