Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default copying wooden mouldings

On 13 May, 15:42, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 13 May, 14:10, " wrote:

However running your own mouldings with a router mounted on a table,
is very doable.

Not for skirtings. The size of the individual curves is too big for a
router cutter.

You're right to say a complex moulding in one pass on a router table
is more than they're capable of.

But a combination of cutters and cuts can do a lot.

For instance - I've used 25mm radius cutters in my router & table -
two passes & flipping the board over to do half-rounds/nosings on 50mm
thick board for stair treads.

Of course a spindle moulder could have done the whole thing in one
pass, but for modest quantities (and possibly cleaning up
imperfections between the cuts by hand) a lot can be done with routers
and tables.