Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Animal repellent- squirrel and cat

"Higgs Boson" wrote

You might try moth balls. I put them in newly seeded areas where my
(or the neighbor's)
cat loves to dig. Keeps them off. Also hung moth balls over the cat
door to keep the
possums and 'coons out. Don't put too close to plants.

Don't start with mothballs. We got chipmunks in our walls at our cabin. I
went up and put sheet metal over the holes in the mid afternoon,
guaranteeing that they would be out to lunch. SWMBO insisted on a hefty
dose of mothballs. Sorry, I meant to say HEFTY. That has been three years.

We are going there (or attempting it) tomorrow, I bet the first thing I
smell on entry is mothballs. Just how long does it take for them to go
away? It would be a serious job to remove the siding and access all those
mothballs.

Steve

http://cabgbypasssurgery.com watch for the book