Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Linseed oil on a fence

On Apr 23, 12:15 pm, Gib Bogle wrote:
I've just made a picket fence, with H3 treated timber (this is treated for above
ground use). I've trying to decide what to apply to it to provide some
additional protection, and also some cosmetic benefits. Our thinking is not to
paint (I know, best protection but more work and presumably cost, also we prefer
the natural wood look).

I don't know about linseed oil outside. I think you would have to keep
applying it every year.
My picket fence is really easy to paint because each section is hung
on large screws and can easily be lifted off for painting. I rest them
on old sheets of corrugated iron and spray paint the fence, which is
20 times quicker than hand painting.