Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
muzician21 muzician21 is offline

Default Washing machine tub - porcelain coated, plastic, stainless

On Apr 13, 1:37*pm, muzician21 wrote:

I've got a lead on a not too used Whirlpool Signature series washer &
dryer for under $200 for the pair, the only thing is the washer has an
enamel tank.

I took a look at it, I could see early signs of rusting at some of the
drain holes. The washer is supposed to be around 3 years old. Is this
just the way all enameled tanks get as they age? My old one was
actually leaving spots on the clothes if they sat in there for any
length of time after the wash cycle ended which is why I'm shying away
from an enameled tank.