Posted to uk.d-i-y
Timothy Murphy[_2_] Timothy Murphy[_2_] is offline

Default Lattice fence above brick wall

newshound wrote:

I want to install a wooden lattice fence
on top of a brick wall.
The wall is about 75cm high and 3.5m long.
What is the best way to do this without damaging the brick wall?

What do you mean by "damage"? If you are excluding using wall plugs to fix
uprights on one side, I suppose you could fabricate a structure that
supports a vertical batten on each side that then holds the fence upright

I meant something like drilling vertically through the wall
to install an upright in the middle of the wall -
I'd be worried that that might pull the wall down in a gale.

My thought had been to do exactly what you suggest,
attach wooden uprights to my side of the wall.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net