Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cleaning 'real' knotty pine paneling

On 3/5/2010 11:36 AM David Nebenzahl spake thus:

Speaking of cult soaps, does anyone else here remember Fels Naphtha
soap? I remember my mom using this stuff, which was some of the
worst-smelling soap I've ever been around. Do they still make this stuff?

Still being made: http://www.felsnaptha.com (and I misspelled it,
although really *they* misspelled "naphtha", although it doesn't contain
any of that stuff ...)

Ingredients:

Soap (sodium tallowate*, sodium cocoate* (or) sodium palmate
kernelate*, and sodium palmate*), water, talc, cocnut acid*, palm acid*,
tallow acid*, PEG-6 methyl ether, glycerin, sorbitol, sodium chloride,
pentasodium pentetate and/or tetrasodium etidronate, titatium dioxide,
fragrance, Acid Orange (CI 20170), Acid yellow 73 (ci43350)

*contains one or more of these ingredients

- a Usenet "apology"