Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L[_2_] Phil L[_2_] is offline

Default Cutting concrete blocks

David WE Roberts wrote:
"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
Getting closer to wall building time now the weather has warmed up a
bit; if only it would stop raining!

I will obviously need to cut concrete blocks - I will be using the
'medium density' blocks for external walls with no rendering.
[At least I think the normal ones are described as 'medium density'
- it does beg the question as to what 'dense' blocks are.]

snip

Any idea how much to allow for wastage?
I am not the best cutter of bricks etc.

I'd order what I needed to be delivered, and then pick up a dozen or so at a
time if any extras are required, you are better under ordering with blocks.

Also forgot to ask, are you intending adding any butresses? - if the wall is
longer than 4m, you'll need a buttress in the middle, basically just a stack
of blocks, tied into the main wall with tie wires on every course

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008