Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Metal vs. wood fence posts

Zz Yzx wrote:
I've been investigating fence posts. I like this product,
theoretically:

http://contractors.masterhalco.com/C...PostMaster.pdf

I priced the posts at Home Depot: ~ $25 each. But the web site says
"cost just a little more than wood". I can get treated 4" X 4" wooden
posts for $10.

Does anybody have experience with this product? Any comments welcome.

Thanks a heap,

Fooey! Use the metal posts normally found on chain-link fences. Bolt the
horizontal runners to the post - either by drilling a hole through the post
or by using a bracket.

Metal posts like this are cheaper than wood.

My property backs up to a 200' wide power company easement. Everybody on my
side of the field used metal posts; everybody on the other side of the
easement used wooden. After hurrican Yikes two years ago, EVERY SINGLE FENCE
with wooden poles was down. With the metal posts? Not a one.