Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Metal vs. wood fence posts

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
I've been investigating fence posts. I like this product,
theoretically:

http://contractors.masterhalco.com/C...PostMaster.pdf

I priced the posts at Home Depot: ~ $25 each. But the web site says
"cost just a little more than wood". I can get treated 4" X 4" wooden
posts for $10.

Does anybody have experience with this product? Any comments welcome.

Thanks a heap,
-Zz

Interesting product. I'd think it would outlast wood by a factor of four to
ten. If you plan to live in your house for some years, it may be well worth
the difference. It looks to be similar to the way steel is made for sign
posts. Have you ever seen a stop sign fail due to post rot?