Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction
ransley ransley is offline

Default Best wood floors in dry climate?

On Feb 17, 9:08*am, Swingman wrote:
On 2/17/2010 8:59 AM, ransley wrote:

On Feb 17, 8:33 am, *wrote:
With regard to moisture meters ... once again, bamboo is not wood, and
moisture meters are calibrated to use on WOOD, and furthermore, specific
species of wood.

Moisture meters measure % of moisture they are not only "calibrated to
wood" The one I use Delmhorst, has scales on the screen to use it for
concrete plaster or wood.

You're shooting yourself in the foot, Bubba ... show me were it is
calibrated for GRASS!

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Wake up, any PRO will know a higher than normal moisture content by
experiance, you need a chart for grass , get one. Moisture meters
check % of moisture for just about any material that absorbes it, I
will bet anything one wasnt used on the bamboo, and it wasnt even
attempted to be aclimatised.