Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson[_2_] Colin Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Worcester Bosch Greenstar Jr 28i combi - problems?

They do a £200+ call out
for which they replace up to 3 components. Given the cost of spares
(pump over £100 etc), this isn't too bad a deal.

Yes, I had that in mind, thinking ahead. Thank you.

I had a WB 28SiII in my other house, and it was faulty from new
(fixed by WB), then went faulty again after about 18 months - "£££
callout fee, Sir" - within a week or so it was knackered again so I
asked for stats on the reliability of the components and what they
thought was acceptable.

I was quickly offered a reduced rate annual service contract (cheaper
than a call-out), and i've had to get it fixed a couple more times
since.

Apart from the heat exchanger, I think most parts have been replaced
at least once now, and it was only installed about 6 years ago I
think (at a push, you'll find the date on google because I posted
about it at the time IIRC).

Not impressed with WB TBH, not sure if i'd bother going with them
again if an alternative manufacturer could be recommended...

Considering this was a NON-condensing boiler, and they're generally
held to be more reliable, it says a lot about the current state of
the quality being churned out :-/