Posted to alt.home.repair
james james is offline

Default HEPA filter for furnace floor vent?

Has anyone seen pleated HEPA filter that fit into floor register vent?

I froogled but no luck. Maybe nobody makes such product.

The closest I found are sheets filters like this:
http://www.webproducts.com/Detail.bok?no=31

What I need is HEPA that filters not just dust but finer particles that
causes allergy that somehow got into the HVAC ducts. There is a furnace
filter at the intake duct but that does not help remove particles coming out
of the vents.

Of all the different hepa filters made in this world (some for vacuum
cleaners, some for air purifiers, etc), perhaps there is one that happens to
fit in a 3 7/8 inch x 11 5/8 inch rectangular space (inside dimension of a
vent register)?

Any ideas?