Posted to misc.consumers.house
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default How to avoid ice-clogged furnace air intake pipe?

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 00:12:45 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , krw wrote:
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:22:41 -0800 (PST), MNRebecca
wrote:

Once or twice each winter, my furnace shuts down due to a clogged air
intake pipe.

[snip]
Any advice on how I can keep the intake pipe from clogging?

It sounds like your flue is tilted back towards the house so the
condensate runs back to a low spot and freezes.

Ummmm.....no, it doesn't sound like that at all, actually. Flue != intake.

Good point. I'd seen the issue with flues before.