Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default How to stop entry door leaks?

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:55:47 +0000 (UTC), HerHusband wrote:
I have installed several prehung exterior steel entry doors over the
last few years, and virtually all of them have minor leaks somewhere
around the bottom. The first was the entry door to our garage, which
has now rotted and will need replacing this summer. Obviously, I don't
want any other doors to rot like the first one, or worse yet cause
structural damage to the buildings.

The problem isn't the door; it is drainage around it.
It is obviously sitting in a puddle at times.

Three doors leak, none of which are anywhere close to the ground.

Then you need storm doors if rain is that intense.