Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Show Me Your TS Cross Cut Sled

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Alrighty... I started on my cross cut sled.
It's a sheet of 1/2 melamine about 2x3' with two runners.

It slides nice and easy with no wiggle. I'm getting ready to put the
front and back cross pieces on and possible a blade guard. I'm also
pondering what to do as an adjustable miter gauge, clamps, etc.

So, show me yours.
What have you done that works well.
What doesn't?
What mistakes did you make?
All that stuff...

Many years ago I built a sled that actually had the fence on the front side.
It was easier for me to mark the top of the board and line that mark up with
the leading fence end where the blade came through.

With the fence in the back your mark needs to be on the nottom front edge of
the board and you need to lean over far enough to see the alignmant of the
mark with the end of the bed of the sled where the blade came through.

Because I wanted more than a 90 degree cutting sled I bought a left and
right version of these sleds about 10 years ago. They still work very very
well. You can cut most any angle accurately and make repeated cuts
accurately.

http://www.in-lineindustries.com/double_dubby.html