Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vortex5 Vortex5 is offline

Default Split Ring Compression Fitting Spanner. Ping Mr Medway

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
Vortex5 wrote:
A week or so ago I ordered a Split Ring Compression Fitting spanner
like this from Toolstation: http://tinyurl.com/y9wa57q

MWH asked for a report when I got it.

Thanks for remembering. I had to make up an order for some fixings to get
over the £10 so I took a chance & stuck one on the order.

Bottom line is that it has much thicker ring walls than I expected and
therefore not as useful as anticipated.

What surprised me was the length of it. I expected it to be shorter.

Having said that nice bit of kit and no regrets. Having a "proper"
plumbing spanner certainly is less hassle than continuously adjusting
an adjustable.

Haven't used mine in anger yet, but I can see it will be very useful
indeed and because of the length great for that final 'graunch'.

Do you have one of these BTW - a godsend when plumbing
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...sfile=1&jump=0

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

The most annoying thing is you cannot use the spanner on 22mm fittings on
"standard" pipe clips against a wall. The ring is just too thick. It's
nice and shiny though!

Now that Stanley tool looks handy!