Posted to alt.home.repair
heteroscedastic heteroscedastic is offline

Default standard kitchen cabinet depth

On Jan 11, 8:13*pm, "benick" wrote:
"hr(bob) " wrote in message

On Jan 11, 3:42 pm, heteroscedastic wrote:

I have made a lot of kitchen cabinets, but I have never decided for
sure what standard 24 inch depth means--is it the overall depth of the
carcase, or is it the overall depth of the cabinet with drawers and
doors installed? A 24 inch carcase with overlay doors has a total
overall depth of 24 13/16" or so with overlay doors. Countertops are
25" deep typically or maybe a bit more, and they won't overhang the
outer face of the cabinet by very much if you have overlay doors and a
24" carcase. Everybody in the world knows the answer here but me, I
imagine.

Have you gone to a store to look at ready-made cabinets, or are you in
the middle of the desert?

Good point...I was wondering how somebody who has supposedly built "alot of
kitchen cabinets" doesn't know how wide they are...Maybe it's just me....

Possibly it is just you. I have in fact looked around, and found
different measurements. Besides, if I went to home depot instead of
posting here, you might have had to wait a couple more days to get a
chance to be a smartass with some other post. So, as I see it, we
have a win-win situation.