Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT plumbing together two 20 lb. propane tanks?

There has to be some way to use the heat from the heater, to
warm the propane tank. Can you put a reflector a couple
inches in front of the infared, and send some of that heat
towards the tank?

I had a similar moment, using a 16 ounce tank to heat a room
where I was working. I tried using a propane torch to heat
the camping tank. Worked some what. If you try that, heat
low on the tank, so you're heating the liquid. Try not to
cook the label. Move the flame around slowly.

Water has a very high heat energy content. Maybe the first
thing to do, is to heat a pan of water good and hot, and
then pour or drip it onto the propane tank.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"William Wixon" wrote in message
news is this possible? plumbing together two 20 lb. propane
tanks? i've got a
propane heater in my workshop, it draws too much propane for
one 20 lb.
tank, freezes the propane. i was wondering if i plumbed two
together if i'd
be able to get enough gas to run the heater. is this
stupid? do people do
this? was wondering if they were plumbed together should it
be before or
after the regulator(s)? wondering if that's even possible,
to have two
separate regulators on two separate tanks running one
heater. i don't want
to get a larger tank, i've collected about 6 - 20 lb. tanks,
i don't want to
have to buy or rent a larger tank. (100 lb.?) i usually use
propane for
quick heat, warm up the shop until i get the wood stove
fired up and making
heat, then i turn off the propane heater so i'm not running
propane
continuously, maybe 1/2 hour.

b.w.