Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Under Cabinet Fluorescent Light diffuser (cover)

On Dec 29, 9:57*am, Nate Nagel wrote:
bobhaztin wrote:
After replacing my under cabinet flourescent tubes, I cracked the diffuser
(plastic cover) when trying to snap it into place. *I called Home Depot but
they do not have a separate replacement part. I searched the net but could
not find the acrylic diffuser sold separately. *Do I have to buy a whole
new fixture just to get the diffuser (cover)? *Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Is it flat? *if so, you can get 2'x4' diffuser panels in several
patterns at your favorite electrical supply or home repair emporium (for
lay in for ceiling grid or replacements for troffers.) *Score and snap
with a utility knife to cut to fit, similar to cutting glass.

good luck

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

The above. Plus, even if they sold parts, the part would likely cost
almost as much as that kind of new flourscent fixture, which doesn't
cost all that much. Assuming the whole fixture is available and the
cover is the one you need, I'd just be happy that I could buy the
whole thing and use the cover.