Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Sliding mitre saws (B&Q Macallister !)

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:

Yes, I too have got one of these http://tinyurl.com/yfzyjso and it's
handled everything I've thrown at it.

I've screwed it to a piece of worktop, with a batten underneath, so
that I can clamp it in my Workmate.

The dust bag is a bit of a joke, but the saw is very rigid and
robust, and produces accurate cuts. [I can take or leave the laser
guide].

Does it have a depth stop Roger? e.g. can it do half lap joints?

Yes, it's got a screw you can turn to limit the depth of cut - so that you
can cut part-way through a piece of wood, or cut slots, etc.

Considering that some very similar machines cost several times as much as
this saw, I was very impressed with the build quality for the price.
Obviously I don't know how well it would perform if I were using it all day
every day - but for my DIY usage, it's more than adequate.
--
Cheers,
Roger