Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toom Tabard Toom Tabard is offline

Default Anyone used Polycell crack-free ceiling paint?

On 21 Dec, 09:04, Tim W wrote:
http://www.polycell.co.uk/products/p...e_ceilings.jsp

Just curious.

The temperature cycling here is showing very minor issues in two ceilings.

One has been painted and the hairline crack is short and very minor, so
frankly it can stay like that until the next decorating cycle.

But the kitchen ceiling only has a mist coat on - so not committed to paint
type yet.

These really are only hairline cracks and I expect them in an old building.
But any paint that will minimise them would be good.

Haven't tried the paint, but recently recently had to do a repair job
on a woodchip papered ceiling which I'd papered and painted 25+ years
ago and which had developed a network of hairline cracks. I filled in
the cracks using the blue hand-squeeze tubes of flexible pollyfilla,
dragging it along the cracks, smoothing into cracks with fingertip and
then wiping off excess. After painting, it looks excellent.
Paint might do the same job, but filling the cracks separately leaves
you with option of any paint/colour.

Toom

Toom