Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Drill all drills

I have just watched a prog on digital tv (Ideal world) and they were
demonstrating a drill set that can drill through wood, plaster, brick,
concrete, tiles, mild steel, cast iron and bricks. See www.idealworld.tv

They were saying that they were a tipped drill and the tip was
cryogenically frozen cobalt. Now I have been around drills all my
working life and I can't understand how a drill can keep an edge on
these materials. They did demonstrate what would happen with this drill,
compared to a carbide tipped drill, by pushing it tip first into a
normal carbide grinding wheel. Their drill formed a groove in the wheel,
the carbide tipped drill had its tip ground back.

Has anyone come across them before?

Dave