Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Large wall of drawers: How to build frame/carcass?

"Swingman" wrote in message
news
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Time for a reality check.

Those attic "floor" beams are probably 2x4s.

Curious to know: Just how much weight can or should be placed on 2x4s
configured like that??? Recently my new neighbor, who just moved in,
was walking around in his attic and stepped off of one of the beams
and fell through the floor landing in the kitchen!

I mentioned to him that he was going to look back on that someday and laugh,
but he wasn't yet to that point...

Bill

You could be correct, particularly if they are factory built roof trusses,
but then the rat runs and lateral bracing should give them away, making it
doubtful there would be room for a finished space, but ....

Certainly worth checking, indeed ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08