Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Large wall of drawers: How to build frame/carcass?

Hi all,

I have a finished attic and I am looking to make it more useful by
building a storage unit that is made up of large drawers. The space I
want to fill is about 9' wide x 5' tall x 2' deep and I hope to end up
with about 12-15 drawers of various sizes, but most will be about 3
feet wide and 1 foot high. This is essentially a big dresser, but
this is not furniture I'm building, so although functionality is
important, great beauty is not. My other concern is that the frame/
carcass be strong enough to support fully loaded drawers (with
appropriately rated slides). Does anyone know of a plan out there on
the web or in a book that might fit the bill? My searching for the
last few days has not turned up anything. I have found many plans for
dressers, etc, but nothing that matches the size or style (or I should
say, lack of style) of this project.

Many thanks in advance!

Kevin