Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Old circular saw blades

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 11/29/2009 4:25 PM Steve Turner spake thus:

Didn't I see a discussion here some months ago about a recycling
service for old circular saw blades? I'm looking for the best way to
get rid of some of these old blades (and no, they're *not* worth
sharpening; most of them were "thrown in" with the RAS I bought on
Craig's List this past year).

Concerning sharpening, how do you know they're not worth it?

Oh, I'm pretty sure I know a POS blade when I see one. Do the brand names
"Vermont American" or "Credo" mean anything to you? Probably the best blade in
the bunch is a Delta Sidekick, and I'm not likely to spend the $10 or $15 it
would cost to sharpen $20 blade.

Do you have a good sharpening service near you?

Yes I do, but I can't remember the name of the company. It's actually a
service offered by my local Woodcraft (Austin), and the sharpening company
comes into town once a week to pick up the blades, then returns them the next
week. My understanding is the company is somehow affiliated with Forrest, and
they do a wonderful job on my "Woodworker" blades.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.