Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Old circular saw blades

On 11/29/2009 4:25 PM Steve Turner spake thus:

Didn't I see a discussion here some months ago about a recycling
service for old circular saw blades? I'm looking for the best way to
get rid of some of these old blades (and no, they're *not* worth
sharpening; most of them were "thrown in" with the RAS I bought on
Craig's List this past year).

Concerning sharpening, how do you know they're not worth it? Do you have
a good sharpening service near you?

I do--Standard Saw Works in downtown Oakland. Love the place; they've
been there since forever (1920-something). Don't charge very much and do
an excellent job on both steel and carbide blades.

So far as recycling goes, any scrap metal dealer should be happy to take
them (but they won't give you anything for them).

--
I am a Canadian who was born and raised in The Netherlands. I live on
Planet Earth on a spot of land called Canada. We have noisy neighbours.

- harvested from Usenet