Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Adding insulation to a mobile home

Tony Hwang wrote:
RJ wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 18:19:20 -0500,
wrote:

Here I sit, in my Mobile Mansion, feeling a chill in the air and
wondering what I can do to make it better.

Any ideas?

Better ( storm) windows.

Hi,
Also insulated skirting for the floor if there is none.

It has skirting of sorts. Concrete block with stucco, and with the
automatic opening vents. (they close at around 50f) Once when it got
down below zero it went down to 40F under there (I leave a thermometer
next to the plumbing stuff). Insulation wouldn't be easy. Also the
bottom or belly of the house is insulated and in pretty good condition.

I don't know why but the locals, even masons call the block skirting
"underpinning" even though it gives no support to the house.