Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Adding insulation to a mobile home

Here I sit, in my Mobile Mansion, feeling a chill in the air and
wondering what I can do to make it better.

First I was thinking about 1 inch rigid foam over the shingles with a
steel roof over that. Searching the net I see people are filling the
entire "attic" spaces in mobiles with blown in fiberglass insulation.
(Cellulose insulation is too heavy and can corrode steel roofs) Well
mine isn't steel, it's trusses, underlayment, and shingles. Anyone seen
something that looks good, or warn me about something bad?

I had one gable end open once so it looks feasable doing blown in from
each end, but the drawback is the living room with cathedral ceiling
leaves no access or room for insulation there. I suppose that could get
the foam on the inside ceiling and drywall, but a second layer of
drywall is probably too much of a load on it.

Any ideas?