Posted to alt.home.repair
Heathcliff Heathcliff is offline

Default Cutting tileboard

On Nov 6, 10:04*am, gcotterl wrote:
The bottom section of an already-installed tileboard panel has been
torn off and the resulting end is very ragged.

How can I cut the ragged end so it's square and even? *(I want to
replace the missing section with a section of new tileboard).

(I don't have any power saws (i.e., circular-saw, jigsaws, etc)

I'm not sure what you mean by "tileboard" but if you mean a cement
board such as Durock or Wonderboard, there is a cheap and effective
hand tool for cutting it. Go to the big box home improvement store to
where they have the cement board, and ask for a carbide scoring tool.
It's basically a bit of carbide with a handle, cost around $10. You
drag it along the board to create a score line. If the board were not
mounted you could score and snap, as you would with drywall using a
utility knife. But since it's already mounted, you can just score
repeatedly until you score all the way through. The tool works well
on plaster walls, too. -- H