Roy Smith

Default Delta Unisaw vs Delta Unisaw X5

In article , "Joe Nation"
wrote:

Having spent the last half hour with google looking up the difference
between the new Delta X5 Unisaw and the older Delta Unisaw line. I am still
confused. What is the difference in the these two saws? Or is the only
difference in them the 5 year warrenty and the higher price for X5 line. Is
a tool base for the Delta X5 Unisaw with a 50" besseymer fence include as a
purchase incentive? Any help would be appreciated since I have been
considering the purchase of one of these saws for Christmas.

As far as I can tell, the X5 name is purely a marketing thing. You get
the 5 year warrenty, and your choice from a short menu of incentives,
but the machine itself is identical to last year's model.