Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default repairing a paper shredder?

"The Night Tripper" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi All
I've been offered an old paper shredder cheap. It's a Rexel P-190
strip-
cut shredder FWIW. It's been removed from mainline service in an office as
'it doesn't work very well' - I think it doesn't cleanly separate the
strips
all the time etc.

A somewhat higher powered shredder like this would come in handy at home,
if
only for shredding prior to paper going on the composter. We already have
small cross-cut shredder but it's a bit short on grunt (as they all seem
be). But would there be any mileage in trying to fix/improve this fault?
I'm
guessing it may just be old age, and that the cutters are knackered ...
but
I'd be interested to learn of uk.d-i-y type repairs/improvements I might
be
able to consider...

Thanks
j^n

Probably never been oiled in accordance with the instructions. I used to do
the one in our office every week. When I retired no-one did it and I believe
it failed after about 2 months.